Friday, June 1, 2012

My Gaming Log: May 2012

May proved to be a very busy month, which left less than usual time for gaming. Still though, I was able to get some really good play time with some old faves.

Click for a more detailed view

I started off the month by continuing my Metroid series playthrough, I finished the completely sublime Metroid Prime and moved onto Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, an underrated GameCube classic.

I finally got around to buying Super Meat Boy on Xbox LIVE. I've always wanted the game, as I have a strong affection for platforming games. It was the truly excellent Indie Game: The Movie that thrust SMB back into my consciousness and reminded me that it is a must-play title.

After getting the great news that the Demon's Souls servers are staying online, I decided to dive head-first back into the world of Demon's Souls by creating a new character. I've Platinum'd the game once before, but getting back into it feels just as rewarding. The Souls games (Demon's Souls and its sequel, Dark Souls) are easily some of my all-time favorites!

Finally, the big event in May was TOJam, the Toronto Game Jam, on May 11th, 12th and 13th. TOJam was an excellent experience and you can read all about the ups, the downs, the successes and lessons learned.

Overall, May was a great month and I'm looking forward to June, especially because it is National Game Development Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment